52: How To Care For Your Body While You Care For Your Baby with Lisa Westhorpe
In this episode, Dani is joined by Lisa Westhorpe, maternal occupational therapist and founder of Nurture Occupational Therapy. Lisa shares great ways for mamas to take care of themselves, while they are also taking care of their new babies.
- What a maternal occupational therapist is, and why new moms may need one.
- Why postnatal self-care is so important.
- How our breathing changes during pregnancy and how to avoid shallow breathing after your baby is born.
- How posture changes during pregnancy can lead to postnatal back and/or hip injury.
- Why you should trust your motherly instincts.
- The one rule Lisa always follows.
Learn all about Lisa and Nurture Occupational Therapy here.
Haven't subscribed to the Taking Back YOU Momcast yet? I got you, boo! Click here to subscribe with your favorite podcast provider.
The Taking Back YOU Momcast Store IS NOW OPEN! Visit it here.
You can follow the Taking Back YOU Momcast on Facebook and Instagram at @takingbackyoumomcast and follow Dani on social media at @danicarteriddins.
Click here to hire Dani to speak at your meeting, conference, or workshop.
Are you a part of the Taking Back You FB Group??? You're not? Oh, girl, we gotta fix that! Click here to request an invite!
Want updates on The Taking Back YOU Momcast?
Get updates and reminders for the Momcast straight to your inbox.